Sunday, May 11, 2014

SWFC & National Museum of China

   I have never been to China before deciding to attend this field study. I am very intrigued and interested to know how the culture of China is shaped how it affects us all and also their very culture itself. I look forward to seeing the different variations of food culture and different amusements and  architecture . For many years and I've always have been interested in China, especially being very interested in martial arts because I grew up doing it.  The Shanghai world financial center is one of the tallest buildings in Shanghai. According to the Shanghai world financial Center official website it is Located in the Pudong District of Shanghai, advancing China’s most rapidly developing city, the Shanghai World Financial Center is a center for information as well as financial services. Here information and finance, the two great currents shaping the 21st century world converge and generate a powerful magnetism.  It was designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox and developed by the Mori building Company, with Leslie E. Robertson Associates as its structural engineer and China State Construction Engineering Corp  and Shanghai Construction (Group) General Co. a nteresting enough I thought this financial center was actually a big financial center to say the least, but in fact it is actually multitude of things. It consists of offices, hotels, conference rooms, observation decks, and ground-floor shopping malls. I will attempt to shop their! Among this amazing skyscraper and all of the other beautiful buildings in Shanghai, The National Museum of China seems to stick out a lot since they do not only feature Chinese relics or architecture and history, they also feature a multitude of paintings from France. When I looked at their website I saw that they were French painting and I was interestingly dragged to it and question myself why. Although the website was very vague, I hope to learn why they feature these French arts and how this became to see many beautiful compositions. As I took a art history class at Rollins College my first summer semester there I became very drawn to art so this will be a very exciting experience that I hope to share soon. To meet China will be a very exciting adventure filled with knowledge and great sites. On economic standpoint China seems to be very interesting compared with the US since most of the products we  consume are made there. Overall I am truly excited and anticipate the journey that awaits so that I can begin sharing all my experiences.

No comments: