Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Preview of China

From the beginning, I knew I was going to have a different experience in China than my classmates. For them our trip might be a once in a life time opportunity to explore China and all its history. For me it was preview of what my next semester will be like. I will be spending my Fall semester in Shanghai studying at the University of Finance and Economics.

I mainly enrolled in this trip to get an idea of what I was getting myself into. To be honest I was rethinking my decision. The thought of studying half way across the world, in a country I've never been to, where they speak a language I don't know, for four months was terrifying. I was worried if I wouldn't like it. Now that I've returned to the US it makes me laugh that I thought I wouldn't like it. This trip has opened my eyes to all the amazing experiences I have waiting for me this Fall. This trip has left me with so many questions that I can't wait to find the answers to..not to mention the fact that I never got my KFC...


My main list of things I want to do in Shanghai next semester now include:

  • Going to the top of the TV Tower at night
  • Going to the Shanghai Museum and visiting every room 
  • Taking a calligraphy class at the community center
  • Take the fox everywhere
  • Go to People's Square when they're are people
  • Go back to Zhouzhuang to buy more of my new favorite tea
  • And many more...
I can't wait to send you all pictures and happy coconut balls! Thank you all for making this experience truly amazing! 

No comments: