Saturday, May 10, 2008

National College Entrance Examination

So I don't have much background information about this particular subject since my week has been pretty hectic (in fact, the week before was even crazier) so this is really just last minute research. Like Lindsey, I used Wikipedia to get my information. I know it's not the most reliable source, but it's the quickest.

So the National College Entrance Examination is held annually in mainland China, and there is no age restriction on who can take it (as of 2001), even though it is usually required for students to take before they can enter college or university.
My main focus is on how the students feel about the exams. I understand that with anything even slightly important there is always going to be an agreement and opposition to it. I learned that some of the major opposition to it is that most people think that it only focuses and tests how much a student has been able to learn/memorize during their lifetime. I think this sounds a lot like the standardized testing that American students are subjected to every year during their primary, secondary, and high school years.

I'm excited about going and being able to talk to students in my own age range, because, like Lindsey, whenever Ive been to a foreign country I never really get the chance to talk to anyone, instead am stuck as part of a crowd of tourists. I'm really looking forward to this!

No comments: